Great reasons to vacation in Cancun and the Riviera Maya
The Riviera Maya is a stunning stretch of coastline in Mexico's Yucatán Peninsula, known for its turquoise waters, powder-soft beaches, and ancient Mayan ruins. o, whether you're looking for a relaxing beach vacation, an adventure-filled getaway, or a cultural immersion experience, the Riviera Maya has something for everyone. It's no wonder it's one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world!The fun starts here!
All Inclusive ResortsAll-inclusive resorts - Cancun and the entire Riviera Maya is known for its many all-inclusive resorts that offer guests everything they need for an easy, relaxing vacation. Resorts have restaurants, bars, pools, entertainment, shopping and more.
Maya Ruins and Archaeology
Delicious food and cuisine
Riviera Maya and Yucatan Mexico destinations
So many wonderful places to visit and experience just a hop and skip from Cancun!Explore and Learn more...
Cancun & Riviera Maya Travel Guide
Here are some other great reasons to vacation in Mexico
The Riviera Maya is a picturesque stretch of Caribbean coastline in Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula filled with beaches, resorts, nature, and Maya history. The Riviera Maya stretches along approximately 80 miles of coastline from Puerto Morelos to Punta Allen.
- Location – It runs along the eastern edge of the Yucatán Peninsula in the state of Quintana Roo. It starts just south of Cancun and extends down to the Sian Ka’an biosphere reserve..
- Main towns/destinations – The main towns and tourist destinations along the Riviera Maya include Playa del Carmen, Puerto Aventuras, Akumal, Tulum, and Playacar.
- Cenotes – Inland from the beaches, you’ll find thousands of these natural swimming holes, caves and sinkholes. Cenotes make for a refreshing and unique swimming experience. Some of the most famous cenotes are near Tulum.
- Tulum – The trendy and bohemian beach town of Tulum is known for its yoga retreats, boutique hotels, and chic restaurants set alongside rustic thatched roof bungalows.
- Great weather – Cancun enjoys mostly sunny weather year-round with average highs in the 80s and lows in the 70s. A great escape from colder winter climates.
- Easy to reach – Cancun has a major international airport making it easy to reach from most large cities in North America. It’s a popular and affordable vacation destination for US and Canadian travelers.
- Close proximity to other destinations – Cancun is a great home base to take day trips to other nearby Quintana Roo destinations like Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Isla Mujeres and Cozumel for more beaches, snorkeling and sightseeing.
- Golf – Cancun has several championship-level golf courses designed by big names like Jack Nicklaus. The tropical landscapes make for beautiful places to play.
- Spas – Many resorts in Cancun have world-class spas with massage treatments, hydrotherapy and more. It’s a relaxing way to unwind on vacation.
- Whale shark tours – You can take boat tours from Cancun out to Isla Holbox to snorkel with huge whale sharks, an incredible bucket list experience. The best time to see them is May to September.
- Affordability – Hotel rates, food and attractions in Cancun are very affordable compared to other Caribbean destinations. More value for your money!