Truly a maya and Caribbean favorite. Healthy and delicious, shrimp cocktail is found at most cantinas around Cancun and the Riviera Maya.
- 1lb small shrimp boiled and peeled
- 1/2 small white onion chopped and peeled
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeno stemmed, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Mix the shrimp, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and jalapenos in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the oil and parsley then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove pit and throw away. Peel of the outer skin and throw away and slice the remaining pulp.
- Top the mixture with the avocado slices and serve with lime wedges.
Makes 4 servings